Before you can generate a KEY file, you must first be sure your account has ordered a Dedicated IP Address. If you do not have a Dedicated IP Address you will not see the icons in your control panel to generate a KEY or Install an SSL Cert. Please contact customer support at http://my.monstermegs.com to request a Dedicated IP or you can place an order here. (must be logged in).
- Log into your control panel
- Click the SSL MANAGER icon (or "SSL/TLS Manager")
- Click the Private Keys icon (or "Generate, view, upload or delete your private keys")
- Scroll down to Generate a New Key and select the domain you wish to use with the SSL certificate.
If you want the ssl cert to be on a subdomain such as "secure.domain.com" you will first need to create the subdomain in cpanel, then type the subdomain in the box here when generating the key.
- After you have selected the domain you wish to use, choose the key size (either 1024 or 2048 bit depending on the kind of certificate you are purchasing--check with the certificate vendor for what to choose here). Finally, click on Generate to create the public key file
Copy this information to a text file for later use. You can still retrieve the KEY file from the server at a later time, however should something happen to the server and the key file is lost, you may need to purchase a new SSL Cert should you need to change information at a later date.
If you have not already purchased an SSL Certificate, you can place an order for a SSL Certificate here. Once you have a private key, your next step is to create a Certificate Signing Request. Click here for information: "How to Generate a CSR"
- 11 Users Found This Useful
How to Park a Domain on an Addon Domain
Untitled Document You can park a domain on an addon domain in cPanel by completing the following...Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically
If you have a secure socket layer certificate (SSL) on your website, you can automatically...How To Change Your cPanel Style
This tutorial will teach how to change your cPanel style. cPanel comes in a variety of styles...Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) - WHM
Follow the below instructions to generate a CSR for your website. When you have completed...How to Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using Cpanel
Before you can generate a CSR you must first have a Dedicated IP Address and must have already...