Before you can generate a KEY file, you must first be sure your account has ordered a Dedicated IP Address. If you do not have a Dedicated IP Address you will not see the icons in your control panel to generate a KEY or Install an SSL Cert. Please contact customer support at http://my.monstermegs.com to request a Dedicated IP or you can place an order here. (must be logged in).
- Log into your control panel
- Click the SSL MANAGER icon (or "SSL/TLS Manager")
- Click the Private Keys icon (or "Generate, view, upload or delete your private keys")
- Scroll down to Generate a New Key and select the domain you wish to use with the SSL certificate.
If you want the ssl cert to be on a subdomain such as "secure.domain.com" you will first need to create the subdomain in cpanel, then type the subdomain in the box here when generating the key.
- After you have selected the domain you wish to use, choose the key size (either 1024 or 2048 bit depending on the kind of certificate you are purchasing--check with the certificate vendor for what to choose here). Finally, click on Generate to create the public key file
Copy this information to a text file for later use. You can still retrieve the KEY file from the server at a later time, however should something happen to the server and the key file is lost, you may need to purchase a new SSL Cert should you need to change information at a later date.
If you have not already purchased an SSL Certificate, you can place an order for a SSL Certificate here. Once you have a private key, your next step is to create a Certificate Signing Request. Click here for information: "How to Generate a CSR"
- 11 Users Found This Useful
How To Change Your cPanel Style
This tutorial will teach how to change your cPanel style. cPanel comes in a variety of styles...How to Park a Domain on an Addon Domain
Untitled Document You can park a domain on an addon domain in cPanel by completing the following...How to Duplicate a cPanel MySQL Database
Do you want to duplicate or copy a cPanel MySQL database? This can be done using phpMyAdmin by...How to Change Your cPanel Password
This tutorial will teach you how to change your cPanel password. Please remember to make your...How to Login to cPanel
Before you can log into cPanel, you must open your Internet browser. This will work in whatever...