Before you can generate a KEY file, you must first be sure your account has ordered a Dedicated IP Address. If you do not have a Dedicated IP Address you will not see the icons in your control panel to generate a KEY or Install an SSL Cert. Please contact customer support at http://my.monstermegs.com to request a Dedicated IP or you can place an order here. (must be logged in).
- Log into your control panel
- Click the SSL MANAGER icon (or "SSL/TLS Manager")
- Click the Private Keys icon (or "Generate, view, upload or delete your private keys")
- Scroll down to Generate a New Key and select the domain you wish to use with the SSL certificate.
If you want the ssl cert to be on a subdomain such as "secure.domain.com" you will first need to create the subdomain in cpanel, then type the subdomain in the box here when generating the key.
- After you have selected the domain you wish to use, choose the key size (either 1024 or 2048 bit depending on the kind of certificate you are purchasing--check with the certificate vendor for what to choose here). Finally, click on Generate to create the public key file
Copy this information to a text file for later use. You can still retrieve the KEY file from the server at a later time, however should something happen to the server and the key file is lost, you may need to purchase a new SSL Cert should you need to change information at a later date.
If you have not already purchased an SSL Certificate, you can place an order for a SSL Certificate here. Once you have a private key, your next step is to create a Certificate Signing Request. Click here for information: "How to Generate a CSR"
- 11 Users Found This Useful
How to Choose PHP Version - PHP Selector
By default all our Shared and Reseller servers run PHP 5.3.* as the native PHP version, as times...How to Keep Your cPanel Contact Information Up To Date
This tutorial will teach you how to keep your contact information up to date in cPanel. It is...How to access SSH
cPanel clients You can follow the instructions below to access your account using SSH. The first...How to Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using Cpanel
Before you can generate a CSR you must first have a Dedicated IP Address and must have already...Generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) - WHM
Follow the below instructions to generate a CSR for your website. When you have completed...